Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just Like Grandma Used to Do

I'm supposed to be getting ready for a friend's baby shower, which I'm helping to plan. But I just can't wait to share this awesome magazine with all 3 people who read my blog! I posted a link in my Nota Bene sidebar, but this needs more recognition.

I subscribe to a magazine called ReadyMade, which features practical, fun, and eccentric do-it-yourself projects. One of its main credos is sustainability and simplicity. I love it! It's right up my alley. But what got me so excited today was checking in online and finding articles about canning and jarring fresh produce. An age-old tradition and skill that has been mostly lost among today's buy-tomatoes-any-time-of-the-year convenience. And it's super easy! You can jar cherries, apricots, pickles, tomatoes, pretty much anything with an acidity greater than beer.
Once I get a garden, or perhaps if I get some fruits and veggies from the local u-pick farm, I might try some canning.


Check out the link in my Nota Bene, and for the article on canning, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment