Thursday, March 6, 2008

So Long. . .No Time

February was one of those months that went by in a blur. It even had an extra day, but that didn't help. I haven't actually just sat down at the computer to "play" in a few weeks. But here's a rundown of what I've been up to lately. . .

Mid-February was a trip to Orlando for the Chick-fil-A seminar. It was wonderful! "Great Leaders Serve." It's like a business seminar that doubles as a discipleship conference. Not to mention that the first night we got to worship with Chris Tomlin and listen to Louie Giglio.

I received my first issue of a new magazine called "ReadyMade." It's even better than I could have imagined when I ordered it! Right up my alley. Now I just need a sewing room, a wood shop, a garden, and a house. . .

If you don't read any other book this year, read "How We Love," by Kay and Milan Yerkovich. It's family and relationship psychology with Christian reinforcement. I am learning so much about myself and how I react based on years of learning to deal with my emotions in a certain way. I think everybody could benefit from reading this book, whether you are a high-schooler, single, married, no-children, raising children, empty-nesters... It's good for everybody! It shows you how to heal.

The prospect of going back to school for a Masters in Fine Arts is becoming more realistic in my mind. Next up is registering for and taking the GRE test and moving forward to the application. The goal: Creative Writing candidate in Fall of 2009!

The latest news, poor Dawsie has a UTI. For those of you who don't care to know more about my cat's medical issues, please skip to the next paragraph. For those of you with insatiable biological curiosity (like myself), he, shall we say, turned the litter pink after he was done going potty. And he was acting weird going in places he shouldn't. So I took him to the vet today and got him some antibiotics for his infected urinary tract. Poor baby.

OK, that's all for now. I can hardly keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment