Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Beginning of My First D.C. Trip

We just arrived safe and sound at our nice little hotel "suite" for the first night of my first ever trip to Washington D.C. We had a lovely 4 hour drive from the ATL. Mostly sun. There was really hard rain for about 10 seconds once we got into North Carolina. I think we went under an angry skinny cloud. We had turkey and cheese sandwiches for dinner in the car and listened to Jamiroquai for my leg of the driving. I would love to tell all the exciting details about our four hours in the car, getting gas, putting air in the tires, etc., but I feel more like doing jumping jacks to get the circulation back into my legs! You probably would rather do jumping jacks than hear all about that, anyway.

Two highlights of the trip: Our oil and transmission fluid stayed full! Yay! And on the way out of Atlanta, we stopped in Duluth and got tickets for the October appearance of the So You Think You Can Dance Tour!!!! I never thought I'd follow a reality show, but I couldn't help falling in love with the contestants--they are so much fun to watch and so talented. Ok, I won't start another rant, but it certainly makes the first day of our trip exciting. Have a good night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment