Saturday, May 19, 2007

Goodbye Gilmore Girls

Ok, so I have to admit, I have a huge sentimental side. I got it from my Dad. We're the kind who cry over movies, commercials, Hallmark cards; and we're still aware of the fact that we're ridiculous.

So Gilmore Girls, one of my favorite TV shows ever, just ended for good. We recorded the episode and watched it two days later at about 10:00 at night. Combine my sentimental nature with the fact that I was tired, and I pretty much soaked through Andrew's t-shirt. I'd argued that it should have been cut last year due to the fact that the writing just wasn't the same anymore, but now that it's over, I miss Lorelai and Rory and their witty banter. I miss Sookie and her energetic creativity in the kitchen. I miss Taylor Doose and his insane sense of duty as town whatever-he-was. I'm going to miss waking up in the middle of the night thinking, "I should pray for Lorelai and Luke!"

My sad, sentimental side is still sleep deprived and I'm not over my loss of G.G. yet. (Not that my collection of seasons 1-5 on DVD can't give me a G.G. fix whenever I want). But I will be hard pressed to find another show that will make me feel like I know the characters as well as I know Lorelai and Rory.

No comments:

Post a Comment